Monday, January 21, 2008

small steps

i have finally gotten a good start on my webpage. i feel very accomplished and yet defeated at the same time because i'm still so far behind the industry standard. i was looking at some of the websites done by SMASH here in Des Moines and i am just floored with the possibility that one day i might be able to do something like that. i did get my first client lined up to make his website for him, now i just need to find the time away from my day job to get a move on it. i really should start taking my laptop to work and use the privacy of my cube walls to their fullest potential. i am very surprised though, that the more i get into this stuff the more i like it. normally i'm a surface scratcher runaway, but this might actually stick for me.

in other news, i am currently taking a yoga class, which i love, and reading a great book called Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield. For any of you reading this that grew up in the 90's and loved the music that made up the soundtrack to your teen years, you should definitely check it out.

No comments: